Exploring how social media can be used strategically for creating a positive online identity for networking and employability. In particular…
– How to manage a Public Facebook Profile
– How to use LinkedIn most effectively, including what to include in your LinkedIn Profile
This presentation is now going to be adapted by Careers Advisers to integrate the role social media plays into more subject-focussed resources. They invited me to submit an article to the University’s Graduate newsletter raising awareness around how using social media can be useful for employability.
Here are some further resources you may find useful..
- See Plymouth University’s Social Media Strategy and further advice documents. (University log-in details required)
- ‘Facebook for Beginners‘ – A general guide to using Facebook from mashable.com
- Get Started with LinkedIn – a series of videos from LinkedIn’s Learning Centre specifically for students. Guides are available for Job Seekers, Entrepreneur and more professions.
- 10 Tips to a More Professional LinkedIn Profile – Useful tips from hongkiat.com
- 8 Creative Tips to Help You Maximise Your New LinkedIn Profile Page for 2013 – advice from Neal Shaffer, President of Social Media Strategy Consultancy Windmills Marketing
- ‘Learn LinkedIn: how to build your living resume‘ – Download this booklet for free from makeuseof.com
- ‘Blogging for Teaching & Learning’ – A SlideShare Presentation/ Tutorial, by the South African Department for Education, with helpful explanations and tips
- ‘What every college student should post on LinkedIn’ – Excellent advice from mashable.com